Klein Fire Dept proudly serving the community since 1951.
Klein Fire Dept is located in North Harris County. Station 1 was created in 1951 and in sixty years the department has expanded to seven stations, 30 pieces of equipment, and has a first due response area of approximately 52 sq miles. The department has 200 personnel, this includes certified First Responders, EMTs, Paramedics, and administrative staff. KFD also works closely with surrounding fire departments and EMS companies.
Santa is Coming to Memorial Chase!
Join Klein VFD for an afternoon with Santa! There will be fire trucks, home safety, cookies and punch, coloring pages for kids, and Santa!
We will also be collecting non-perishable food items for our food drive.
Located at Station 33 – 9755 Landry Blvd.
Sunday, December 7
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Happy Thanksgiving from Klein FVD!
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind while preparing your Thanksgiving meals. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday!
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- If you are going to fry a turkey, do not fry a frozen turkey; make sure it is thawed and it is fried outside away from anything that could catch on fire.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit a candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
These tips are brought to you by http://www.sparky.org/parentpage/parents.htm . Be sure to check out the site for more information on Halloween safety tips, games, and pumpkin carving templates for the kids.
** Kix Brooks Meet & Greet Event **
Join the Klein Volunteer Fire Department for a special meet and greet event with award winning country super star Kix Brooks. The event will be held Thursday, October 16, 2014 at True Value
16720 Champion Forest Drive
Spring, TX 77379
12pm – 2pm
KVFD firefighters and trucks will be on site to answer questions and country radio station The New 93Q will also be on site with giveaways.
This will be an awesome event and we can’t wait to see you there!
** Update with Pictures **
We had an awesome time getting to meet with those of you that came out. We hope you enjoyed meeting The New 93Q team, talking to Kidde about smoke alarms, seeing our fire trucks and firefighters, and getting to meet Kix Brooks! In case you missed it, here are some pictures from the event!
** Fire Prevention Week **
Reproduced from NFPA’s Fire Prevention Week website, www.firepreventionweek.org. ©2014 NFPA
Are you ready for one of the most important weeks of the year? October 5 – 11, 2014 is Fire Prevention Week. This years theme is “Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives”. The weeks surrounding this are dedicated to helping your family understand the importance of smoke alarms in your home and how they can save your families lives. Help your family be prepared by knowing where smoke alarms should be placed throughout your home and how often to change the batteries by following the diagram below.
If you are interested in setting up a program for your school, business, church, or scouts for Fire Prevention Week contact Reta Harlow @ 281-376-4449 ext. 106 or Brittney Hoover @ 281-376-4449 ext. 116.
*** New Station 37 ***
The Klein Volunteer Fire Department is proud to announce the opening of the brand new Station 37. The station is now located at 19302 T.C. Jester Blvd. just south of Spring Cypress.
Klein Fire Dept welcomed their new fleet of trucks in early 2014.